Twitter was created for certain things, and one of those things occured last week. If you missed the twitter fracas centered on 30-50 feral hogs last week, catch up. It was good.
stages of Feral Hog Twitter
1. confusion seeing everyone tweet “30 to 50 feral hogs”
2. find the tweet & assume it’s satire
3. read the tweet again & realize it’s for real
4. like and RT only feral hog tweets for 12 hrs straight
5. become 30 to 50 feral hogs
— Jess Dweck (@TheDweck) August 6, 2019
In related news, at the end of July the Joseph Smith Papers added new content including:
I would like to suggest that the #twitterstake #twitterstorians missed a significant opportunity with a Nauvoo-era Mormon equivalent–unruly swine. This was a real thing for 19 whole people in 1842.
I really wanted one of those people to be one of my relatives. Alas.