?Beyond the Mormon Moment: Directions for Mormon Studies in the New Century?
A Conference in Honor of the Career of Armand Mauss
Claremont School of Arts & Humanities
Department of Religion
March 15-16, 2013
All sessions will be held in Albrecht Auditorium at 925 N. Dartmouth Avenue.
Friday, March 15
- 10:00 Welcome and opening comments – Patrick Mason
- 10:30 Revisiting The Angel and the Beehive: Mormonism in the 20th Century – Jan Shipps & Matthew Bowman
- 12:00 Lunch Break in Harper Courtyard
- 2:00 Theoretical Models in the Study of Mormonism – Michael McBride & Richard Bushman
- 4:00 Using Autobiography and Memoir to Understand Mormon History and Culture – Levi Peterson & Jana Riess
- 6:00 A Celebration of the Legacy of Armand Mauss – Dinner in the Glanville Room of the Mallott Commons at Scripps College (345 E. 9th Street)
Saturday, March 16
- 9:00 All Alike Unto God? Race and Culture in the Mormon Experience – Paul Reeve & Max Mueller
- 11:00 American Church or World Religion? – Wilfried Decoo & Walter van Beek
- 12:00 Closing Lunch & Concluding Remarks at President Deborah Freund’s House (709 N. Harvard Avenue) – Claudia Bushman
Lunch and dinner on March 15 and lunch on March 16 are being provided free of charge. However, donations are strongly encouraged to support fellowships.
If you would like to attend either of the lunches or dinner, you must RSVP to Lisa Maldonado at email@example.com.