UNITED STATES | UT-Salt Lake City
ID 237835, Type: Regular Full-Time
Posting Dates: 06/28/2019 – 07/12/2019
Job Family: Library, Research&Preservation
Department: Church History Department
The Church History Department announces an opening for a historian/writer with an emphasis on the global history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Duties will include researching and writing, in collaboration with others, histories of the global Church for both scholarly and member audiences.
• Conducts appropriate research accurately and within professional standards under the supervision of project management.
• Produces publishable volumes and material for websites. Possible duties include historical research, verification of transcriptions of documents against original sources, developing and writing annotations and supplementary material, writing introductions and narrative history, or other tasks as assigned.
• Meets deadlines and performs all assigned tasks and according to professional and CHD standards.
• May perform duties on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Manages and supervises task specific research questions.
• Occasionally consults with management team on project management questions.
• Contributes to a collegial and professional atmosphere that incorporates the highest standards of behavior and cooperation, promoting teamwork and group purposes.
Masters or PhD (or doctoral candidate) in history, religious studies, or related discipline, with demonstrated competence in international and intercultural studies. Excellent research and writing skills and the ability to work in an academic environment that requires personal initiative and collaborative competence. Attention to detail, efficiency, flexibility, good interpersonal communications. Familiarity with at least one non-English language a plus.
Professional and personal integrity required to maintain the trust and confidence of professional colleagues, department leadership, and archivists working in other public and private repositories.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.