Posting Dates: 01/29/2015 – 02/27/2015
Job Family: Library, Research & Preservation
Department: Church History Department
The Church History Department seeks a full-time Writer/Editor who will be responsible for the research, writing, and editing of products associated with historic sites significant to the history of the Church.
ID 125435, Type: Full-Time – Regular
UT-Salt Lake City
· Bachelor?s degree in English, history or related discipline required; graduate degree preferred.
· Five or more years? experience in the fields of writing, editing, and research preferred.
· Excellent writing skills, including the ability to adapt to a wide variety of audiences, are essential.
· Solid understanding of Latter-day Saint history and historical analysis and methodology is required.
· Ability to lead others, think strategically, and work collaboratively and independently.
· Strong editorial eye and attention to detail.
· Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
· Passion for history, writing, and communicating.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in conceptualizing, researching, and writing material primarily for missionaries and the general public. Key products will include historical materials for missionaries; exhibit, marker, and monument text; and web content. This individual will also play an important role in shaping, editing, and proofreading content for technical/historical reports, policy statements, and master-planning documents. Working within established processes, this individual will obtain appropriate approvals, copyedit and proofread content at all stages of development, and help select artwork, photos, and captions.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Candidates MUST submit a resume to be considered for the job. Selected candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a complete vita and three writing samples.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://ldschurch.jobs.