The Church History Department announces an opening for a one-year internship with the Joseph Smith Papers Project. This will be a full-time temporary position beginning in April 2012.
Duties will include research related to document analysis (textual and documentary intention, production, transmission, and reception) and to contextual annotation of documents (identifications and explanations). Research will involve work in primary and secondary sources for early nineteenth-century America and early Mormonism. Work will include general assistance to volume editors.
- Bachelor?s degree in history, religious studies, or related discipline, with preference given to those with master?s degrees and/or in doctoral programs
- Possess excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to work in a scholarly and professional environment
- Requires both personal initiative and collaborative competence
- Please attach a vita and writing sample to your application
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Apply at http://ldschurch.jobs. Click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter the job reference id in the “Job Opening ID” field after signing in.