UNITED STATES | UT-Salt Lake City
ID 239568, Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posting Dates: 07/22/2019 – 08/05/2019
Job Family: Human Resources
Department: Church History Department
The Church History Library is seeking a candidate for a one-year, full-time (40 hours/week) paid internship opportunity working with archivists in arranging, describing, and preparing records for digitization which are related to the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its members.
- Process archival records in paper, audiovisual, and/or electronic form.
- Participate in intake activities of newly acquired collections.
- Create finding aids using the EAD register and rendering tool.
- Assist in preparing paper and electronic records for digital preservation.
- Assist in workflow management of records from acquisitions and processing to digitization and storage.
- Review/edit cataloging work of others.
- Develop expertise with the cataloging system to capture descriptive metadata, adhering to internal and professional standards.
- Contribute to a collegial and professional atmosphere that incorporates the highest standards of behavior and cooperation, promoting teamwork and group purposes.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in history, humanities, or related field
- Preferred: Master’s (earned or in process) in archival studies, library science, or history
- Understanding of archival theory and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent writing and editing skills
- Willingness to dress and present oneself appropriately
- Experience teaching and/or training (in any setting)
- Knowledge of the historiography and sources of Church history
- Proficiency in working both independently and in a team setting
- Experience conducting research and/or working in an archive, including arranging and describing archival collections
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.