Posting Dates: 12/10/2019 – 12/24/2019
Job Family: Human Resources
Department: Church History Department
This position will assist the Church History Library in processing, cataloging, arranging, housing, and indexing Church History Library archival collections in order to assist the Church History Department in its purpose to help God’s children keep and make sacred covenants. Successful applicants will work at the direction of Church History Specialists to create bibliographic records that will assist internal and external researchers in locating and using archival collections.
This position is a one-year, full time (40 hours/week) paid internship opportunity.
- Process archival records in physical and/or electronic formats
- Process archival collections using MARC and DACS standards
- Create registers using the EAD register and rendering tool
- Assist in preparing paper and electronic records for digital preservation
- Assist in workflow management of corporate records from acquisitions to processing to digitization and storage
- Review cataloging work of others
- The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in history or allied field
- Understanding of archival theory and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent writing and editing skills
- Good communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Respect for confidentiality
- Preference will be given to candidates who also possess these additional qualities:
- Experience conducting research and/or working in an archive, including arranging and describing archival collections
- Knowledge of the historiography and sources of LDS Church history
- Experience teaching and/or training (in any setting)
- Master’s in archival administration, library science, or history (earned or in process)
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.